The bronze cellar is furnished to casting bronze by the cire perdue method.
It is possible to refurnish if other materials or procedures are needed
Size & Accessibility
The workshop is located underneath the Modeling Studio at grade level, and is approximately 60 m2. There is access through gate (240 x 210). Outside of the workshop, a covered workspace is available with furnace for bronze.
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
- Maximum temperature 700 degrees
- H 118 W 83 D 118
- With removable bottom allowing the oven to be packed tightly
- Permanently mounted along one wall
- Approximate. length 10 meters
- With sop sink
For wax heating and obtaining any desired wax mixture
- Protective clothing for casting is available (but not shoes)
- 90 kg capacity
Assistance With Ordering of Materials
The Sculptor’s Shop has most materials for sale, primarily for use in conjunction with bronze casting. We can, of course, assist with ordering materials and tools as necessary